Friday, February 13, 2009

Looking for Betty Boop

If anyone sees Betty Boop purses, please let me know.

Last Easter my son and I went with my parents to Orlando for a week. We spent some of our time doing the tourist thing (Sea World, Disney and the Kennedy Space Center), but we also spent some time looking over the flea markets. Now flea markets there are a little different. They are mostly indoors in buildings that were once larger department stores or malls, and have been broken down into smaller booths. Some folks like my husband don't care for this kind of flea market, but for me it was just fine. I did see some really good deals on Disney souvenirs compared to what Disney was charging for the same item.

There were plenty of booths there that had Betty Boop purses (my other love). I found one booth that had not only purses, but also Betty Boop luggage, and the prices were incredible. I did buy one tote that I love, but I did not buy the one handbag that I had seen over and over again, and I loved, because I knew that we were going to Disney the next day and to Kennedy 2 days after. I wanted to make sure that I had the money in case my son saw something he really wanted, so I walked away with the hopes that I would be able to run back by and pick up the purse before we left for home. We did not have the time to get back, so I decided to look on EBay for the purse.

I nearly choked when I saw the EBay prices for this purse. Almost double! I have been patiently waiting for the prices to go down, but they have not. I also tried going to the shop at Smileys that carried Betty Boop purses, but she had shut down her store.

I really don't want to buy from EBay if I don't have to, because one style purse can have 3 or 4 different sizes, and I want a certain size (especially if I am going to pay those prices).

If anyone sees Betty Boop purses, please let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Check out etsy.com. You may find something cooler (and handmade) and for a decent price.

    ReplyDelete