Wednesday, February 18, 2009

CVS Tips and Tricks

I found this on Hot Coupon World's CVS FAQs

Does CVS price match other store's sales?
No.

Can I use more than one manufacturer’s coupon on a B1G1 free promotion?
The official company line is yes, but this may vary according to your store manager.

Here is my favorite part of CVS
Gift Cards for New or Transferred Prescriptions

Can I get more than one gift card for new or transferred prescriptions?
Yes, unless it specifically states one per customer/household, etc.
You do need a coupon for this. They won’t just give it to you if you ask for it!

My CVS has a sign that says "We honor competitor RX coupons". What’s that about?
If you have a coupon from Target or another local pharmacy for a transferred prescription gift card, they will honor it as if it were a CVS coupon. They follow the wording on the coupon, so if it says “One per customer”, it’s one per customer!
---***They rarely know how to make the computer system accept them. *** So plan on being patient (the CVS in Fletcher keeps a copy of the instructions at their middle pharmacy register)

I usually use another pharmacy for my prescriptions. Can I just have my doctor call in the prescription to my usual store and then call and have them transfer it to CVS so that I can get the gift card?
No. This is considered prescription fraud. To obtain a gift card you must have a prescription that has already been filled elsewhere and has refills left. You can either call to give them the prescription info to transfer it, or bring in the old bottle to CVS and they will make the call from there.

I am going to pick up a prescription with Workmen’s Compensation funding. Can I use a coupon for the free $25 GC with this or is this considered a government funded program?
You will not be eligible for a gift card for those prescriptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment