Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ok, I admit it

I print off cereal coupons and hope for deals even when I don't use or even like the product.

First and formost, I have a 12 year old (soon to be 13) son. He will eat almost anything, especially cereals. There have not been too many cereals that he won't eat. I don't mind trying new cereals, but why would I continue to buy those that I know my boys won't eat. For donations.

My focus is for cereals that are free or less than $1.00 a box.

Not too long back I found a coupon for $1.00 off a new trail mix cereal. Not long after CVS put it on sale BOGO (buy one, get one) and the cereal was $2.79. Now what some folks (mostly those who are new to couponing) don't know is that with most stores you can use 2 coupons on BOGO deals.
So
$5.58 for 2 boxes
-$2.79 for the free one
_____________
= $2.79
-$1.00 for coupon 1
-$1.00 for coupon 2
______________
= $0.79 for both boxes
or $0.40 each.

Now, my boys really don't care for this particular cereal, but when presented with this deal again, I would do it in a heart beat. With the plan of donating the cereals.

My church has a program (I am so sorry, but I can not remember the exact name of the program) that collects food that will be distributed to children in need at the Elementary school. This gives the children food for weekends or scheduled breaks during the school year. The collect all types of food, including cereals for the breakfasts on the weekends.

I truely believe that this is our way of paying back for help we have received before, or we are paying our good fortune forward, and maybe helping another family out.

Here is a link to a Total Cereal coupon

Happy Couponing

No comments:

Post a Comment