Friday, June 5, 2009

Buyer beware--Krispy Kreme

I decided to blow the diet away this morning, and go by Krispy Kreme to take advantage of the Free Doughnut they are offering today. I had received the email yesterday stating:

"National Doughnut Day is celebrated on the first Friday in June. And this year, Krispy Kreme will once again be giving away a free doughnut of your choosing on that most delicious of days to every customer that visits a participating Krispy Kreme store."

When I got to the drive through (surprisingly they were not that busy--now I know why) I asked to make sure they were participating in the free doughnut day, and they were. I requested my favorite, the Chocolate Iced Cream Filled doughnut. I was quickly cut off and with attitude informed that I could only get the Original Glazed doughnut for free.

I didnt push the issue, I had planned on purchasing a doughnut anyway, so I ended up purchasing my chocolate iced cream filled and getting the original glazed for free, but it still bothered me.

My point to you is if you decide to go, you are supose to be able to get a free doughnut of your choosing. I made the first mistake (other than blowing the diet) by not printing off my email and carrying it to me. Then I could have handed it to the chick with the attitude, and gotten what I wanted.

I just wanted you to know, so you could be 'buyer aware'

No comments:

Post a Comment