Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My delema

We are in the planning stage for our vacation this summer. We are planning on leaving around the 9th of July for the coast of NC.

My delema stems from trying to decide if I am better to bring as much as I can from home (food, supplies) or wait until I get there and buy it then. I will confess I am divided on this.

If I bring from home, I will be depleating my stash, and won't have the ability to replace the used items right away.

If I wait until I get there, and buy, I run the risk of paying higher prices (due to the fact that it is a tourist environment), and I may not be able to find a deal on what I really want.

If I take the desired items, I will be taking up precious space in the car, making our trip a little more stressful. My crew likes to have moving room in the car when we travel.

If I dont take items from home, we run the risk of not eating the way we have become accustom to at home, in other words, we will splurge if given the chance. (We eat a lot of steamed rice and veggies, as well as turkey and chicken in place of hamburger. We started this diet a year ago, and both my husband and I lost weight and have been able to keep it off for the year.)

Here is an idea of the items I am looking at taking with us:
Steamer ( I use this daily)
Bulk Container of Rice
Drink Mixes (for water)
Hamburger Helper
Bagged Cereals (Thanks to ACK)
Bulk Barley

Weigh in and let me know what you think. Pros or cons, I am just looking for someone elses thoughts .

Happy Couponing

1 comment:

  1. From someone who is currently travelling.....take the food with you. We brought as much as we could. We did our regular grocery shopping the weekend before we left, and stocked up on sandwich meat, bread, crystal light, cereal, water and snacks. It made a world of difference when we had to stop for lunch and dinner, and we've been eating that food most of the week. (We're staying with family, and have only eaten out twice since last Thursday. One of those times was when we were out of the country.) So. For the money side of it, I would totally take it with you.

    ReplyDelete