Monday, June 1, 2009

'Green' Shopping Bags

I recently went to Ingles (a local grocery store based out of WNC) to use some of my Kraft.com coupons. While there I actually remembered my 'Green' shopping bags. Now I will admit that I do buy most of mine at WalMart, simply because they have the blue bags for $0.50, and because I spend 7 hours in the store working for the portrait studio. Most places I have seen that sell 'Green' bags are priced at $0.98 or higher. I wish you could have heard the bag boy fuss because he had to place my groceries in a WalMart bag. He did not like having to use my bright blue WalMart bags.

So I have decided to try to make my own 'Green' Shopping bags. I have taken one that I already own (that has torn), and taken it apart for my pattern. All I will say so far is that it seems like it will be really easy. The bag I have is all one piece of fabric sewn up the sides with handles. Time will tell if it really is that easy. I will try to get photos up when I have made my first one and let you know how it is going.

2 comments:

  1. I've had the worst time getting the Wal-Mart employees to use my own bags. In fact, I've never, ever had a Wal-Mart employee bag my items in cloth bags. On the other hand, when I was at Ingles a week ago, the bag boy asked if collecting the bags was a hobby of mine (I have some homemade, some Ingles, some Target, some random bags.) Target has never had issues using my bags - whether they were Target's brand or not. Ingles usually doesn't have an issue. At Wal-Mart, we have to make sure that both of us (me and my husband) go on the trip, if we're going to have our items bagged.

    I have made a bag with one piece of fabric and very little cutting. If I have time to do it again this week, I'll post pictures and directions on my blog. it was pretty simple and would be a good way of getting cool bags without spending much money :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    We have just added your latest post "Coupon Mom in WNC: 'Green' Shopping Bags" to our Directory of Shopping . You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory for getting a huge base of visitors to your website and gaining a valuable backlink to your site.


    Warm Regards

    Best Mart Team

    http://www.bestmart.info

    ReplyDelete