Monday, January 19, 2009

My trip to Walgreens

OK, so I have to brag a little.

My husbands job only pays once a month and on the last day of the month. December is the only exception, and then they pay on or around the 15th. So this means we go 6 weeks between paychecks. Planning in January is very important to us. With that being said, to say funds are tight right now is an understatement. All of my stocking in November and December is paying off for us right now.

Last week I had to get one of my meds filled, so I used a transfer coupon to get a $25 gift card from Walgreens. So I have been planning this trip for a few days (with the ad sneak peaks on HCW). There are some really great deals this week at Walgreens.

First trip ( yep this one was done in 3 stages)
8 jars of Ragu for $1.99 ea
1 Double box of Kelloggs cereal $5.99
2 boxes of Jiffy Pancake mix (in case it does snow) $.89 ea
2 6pk of Ramen Noodles $1.39 ea
------------------------------------------------------
I used coupons for
$1 off 3 jars of Ragu
$1 off the cereal
_____________________________
Subtotal $25.98
-Coupons$ 2.00
Total $23.98 put on gift card
OOP .00
**Bonus $10.oo Register Rewards bucks for buying 8 jars of Ragu

Trip #2
5 12pk of Pepsi products 5/$15
________________________
Subtotal $16.01
-Coupons $ 2.00 ($1 off 2 12pk Pepsi products from Walgreens grand opening)
-RR $ 10.00
_______________
Total $4.01
Paid $1.02 from the gift card
OOP $2.99
**Bonus $5.00 RR for spending $15 on Pepsi products

Trip #3
Pet 1gal Milk $3.59 (hey they are calling for snow after all....lol)
Dt. Pepsi 20oz$1.49
__________________
Subtotal $5.25
-RR $5.00
___________________
Total $ .25
OOP $ .25

Grand Total OOP $3.24

Just for fun I added everything up, if I had bought everything here using just the store sales and no coupons it would have been $45.53 with tax.

Every time I get discouraged and start thinking that this couponing just isn't worth the time or effort, I get to do something like this and it renews my drive!!

No comments:

Post a Comment