Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Spreading the word

I had to work at my 'part time' job today. While trying to make good use of my time at lunch, I started cutting and sorting my coupons from this past Sunday. Yes the same ones I did not do last Sunday. While clipping, I started talking to a nice lady and sharing my experiences with couponing. Turns out she is a couponer too. She even went so far as to teach her son how to coupon so the could make the most of his money while he was in college. She taught her son by giving him money, a list and the coupons with the instructions that he was to get everything on the list. He could use the coupons or not, that was his choice, but any money left over was his to spend how he saw fit. He quickly figured out that if he used the coupons then he would have more money that he could spend.

Hmmmm, not only did I get to share my love for couponing, but I also got a very valuable teaching tool so I can start teaching my son how to live and love couponing.


I also keep reminding my son that part of the Scout Law is that a Scout is Thrifty.

No comments:

Post a Comment