Thursday, January 22, 2009

Admitting my problem

Most folks have one something that they do that makes them really happy. Mine used to be buying purses. Handbags of any shape or size, it really didn't matter, as long as it was a new purse. My husband lovingly refers to me as the Emelda Marcos of handbags. My particular favorites were Betty Boop purses.

I realized today that my happy focus has shifted.

I stopped by the gas station, with my $10 to put gas in the car. Then I began to think, "Hey, if I put $6 in the tank that will get me enough to make it and leave me $4 that I can go to CVS with....and I have my 4ECBs with me, so I have $8 to spend."

My happy focus has shifted to couponing and spending my RR or ECBs. I have found that I have to go by CVS or Walgreens at least once a week. Sometimes I have to go more than once. I just have to.

Now, is this really a problem? I mean I am saving money, and I am getting products that we do use and need. Is it so bad that I feel that I have to go?

I have seen posts from other couponers who are have totally stocked their homes with products that they have gotten through couponing. I remember this one lady who lets her family members come and go 'shopping' through her pantry. I have read about others who donate items they have that they just have too much of. I am not quite to that point, but that is my goal.

For the record (and my husband's benefit--because I know he is going to read this) I have not bought a new purse since last March while we were on spring break in Florida.

Be sure to check my next blog -- Stockpiling 101

No comments:

Post a Comment