Sunday, November 22, 2009

Anyone know about Sav-Mor grocery stores

A recent article in the Hendersonville Times News talks about the new and expanding grocery business in Hendersonville. Well I am curious about the Sav-Mor that is coming to town.

I have done a Google search and I can find no website for Sav-Mor. I would love to know what kind of deals they have, and any details I can find about them. I know they are an Ingles owned company, but that is all I can find.


For those that live outside of the WNC area, we have a new larger Harris Teeter opening in early December, and they are expanding the Ingles I shop at.

2 comments:

  1. There's a Sav-Mor on Patton Ave (close to the exit for I-26, so it's easily accessible.) I've tried shopping there a couple of times and wasn't impressed with the quality of the food. It's not that much cheaper than Ingles, they sell mostly Ingles-brand items. A lot of the items are very close to expiration and I wasn't impressed at all with the produce I ended up buying. I don't like my produce to mold (or be moldy) within a day of buying it. I tend to buy groceries only once a week, so certain vegetables need to last more than 24 hours.

    So if you're interested in checking one out soon, head up to Asheville. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok there's a sav-mor in hendersonville off of hwy 25 an i love it the manager is great, i went in last monday and they had bottom round roast on sale for 1.98 lb i ask the manager if they grind meat and he said yes and got the butcher,,, i told the butcher i wanted 50 lbs of ground round do to its leanness for my wife the butcher ask me if i wanted all the fat taken off and i said yes then he priced it ot at 1.80 lb 3 cans of green beans corn and alot of other thing were really cheap you just have to shop they are great in my book!!

    ReplyDelete