Friday, May 29, 2009

Saving money while shopping

Ok, so who doesn't want to save money when they are shopping. Especially grocery shopping. Here are some hints I found listed on "Eating Healthy on a Budget". I found these on the Ragu website as well.

When food budgets are tight, taking steps to make the most of your meals can pay off in multiple ways. Let me share with you my top money saving strategies to help feed your family well. Who knows – maybe all the money you save will help with that much needed vacation or spa day!

  • Planning is the name of the game, when it comes to meals and grocery shopping.
    Plan a couple of meals for the week. For instance, with a jar of RagĂș® Old World Style® pasta sauce and a pound of pasta, you can feed a family of four for $1 per serving.*
  • Eat before you go – going grocery shopping on a full stomach prevents impulse buying and eating.
  • Develop a standard list for your weekly grocery shopping. If you see a sale on a food item that you tend to use frequently, you may as well stock up. Buy in Bulk where you can.
  • Not all grocery stores are created equal. Develop a price comparison notebook so you can compare prices at different stores in your neighborhood.
  • Spend 10 to 15 minutes per week browsing the circulars, coupon sections and online coupon sites. Request price matching/double coupons and check your receipts – many times the sale price is not reflected. I will add my two cents here: Spend 30 minutes or more looking and planning, I have found that the more I plan the more I save.

No comments:

Post a Comment