Wednesday, May 4, 2011

To Clip or Not to Clip

That is the question.

With the new TLC show you get to see various ways others store and arrange their coupons. From the envelope stuffed with coupons to the notebooks. You have to wonder which is the best way. As with anything it is all personal preference and a massive amount of trial and error.

I have tried the envelope method. This was years ago when my husband and I were first married. I could never find the coupon I knew was in there, and always ended up missing a deal. I quickly got frustrated and ended up quitting couponing.

When I took my couponing class, our instructor showed us her coupon book and I decided if I was going to really make a go at this couponing thing, that was what I was going to do. I love my coupon book, and have threatened bodily harm before. Messing with that book is like messing with a woman's purse, you just don't do it.

Now my dilemma is do I clip all the coupons I get each Sunday or is there a better way? Watching TLC I have seen several couponers who store their circulars by the week and only clip the coupons for the deals they are going after that week.

This method is looking really good to me as I have upped the number of papers I am buying each week to 5 ( 3 Charlotte and 2 Asheville). The thought of sitting and trimming all those coupons is a daunting task. But so far, only clipping and sorting 1 set of circulars seems to be working well. I will keep you posted on how it is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment