Saturday, May 7, 2011

My pride and joy

I wanted to share my pride and joy........My son!


He went with me while I was picking up some items at the store. I had some items I was looking at, checking prices mostly, and as I looked up there was my son looking through my coupon book. When I first asked him to carry my book into the store you could see him shaking his head and looking at me like I was crazy. Now he was earnestly trying to find deals with me. He debated with me as to which of the items I was looking at was truly the best deal, and I watched as the understanding clicked. Then he discovered my Gatorade coupon from 5/1, and he got really excited. I had him checking prices and telling me what the best deals were, and then I let him get the items to redeem the coupon.



I have always hoped he would pick up and get interested in couponing. He loves to clip my coupons when he has time to sit down and do so. My hope as I have stated before was that he could learn some of these tricks so that when he goes to college and all his buddies are scraping pennies together to eat Top Ramen, he will be eating much better by using coupons.

No comments:

Post a Comment